Claire is a project approvals specialist, with a particular focus on environmental and related legislation. Claire has advised on some of Queensland’s largest and most complex resources and renewable energy projects.
Claire advises on the strategic approval pathways required for new and expanding or innovating operations, including advising on:
- the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) processes;
- environmental approvals and compliance;
- environmental incident response, compliance investigations and responding to enforcement action;
- financial provisioning for resources projects;
- rehabilitation requirements, including the transition to progressive rehabilitation and closure planning in Queensland;
- biodiversity offset requirements;
- negotiating land access agreements for various projects;
- Land Court litigation, including in relation to objections to projects, compensation determinations and other appeals; and
- the implications of various State and Federal government legislative changes.
Advising on environmental matters, the new financial provisioning regime for mine rehabilitation, native title and cultural heritage matters, and providing ongoing and detailed advice in relation to ongoing tenement, environmental and other regulatory matters for the existing operations, additional developments and proposed new projects.
Fitzroy Australia Resources
Advising on their regulatory and approvals compliance strategy.
Advising Spicers Group on all aspects of approval requirements for establishing eco-tourism facilities within the Main Range National Park, including negotiating relevant agreements with the State of Queensland for the Scenic Rim Trail project.
Advising on all regulatory and compliance aspects of the delivery of the Bluff Coal Project, including assisting with landholder negotiations, and acting in the Land Court of Queensland in compensation determination proceedings.
Advising in relation to its Queensland projects, including approvals considerations for Evolution’s operations including general tenements, environmental, land access, native title and cultural heritage.
Contaminated Land Investigations
Advising local and State governments on contaminated land investigations and management, and liability and management for a range of sites affected by historical PFAS usage.