Executive Education supporting the GCs of tomorrow
McCullough Robertson is committed to supporting the growth and development of legal professionals.
As business priorities continue to be re-evaluated, the make-up of general counsel is evolving. At McCullough Robertson we recognise that tomorrow’s GC needs:
- To sustainably lead high performing teams
- To demonstrate efficiency of process and deliver more with less
- An open mind to adopting new technology
- A strong personal sense of justice, balancing ethical compliance and commercial drivers
We have developed a 12 month program of professional coaching and upskilling, specifically tailored for in-house counsels, ensuring a level of competency and skill across four key topics:
- Stages of teams
- Managing teams using technology
- Flex working and job design
- Leveraging failure for high performance
Legal project management and innovation
- Managing change
- Adopting technology solutions
- Communicating with influence
- Effective delegation
4 Executive Coaching Sessions
- Understanding self
- DiSC profile
- Resilient leadership concepts
- Coaching others
- Sustainable leadership
- Taming the busy mind
- Mental Health First Aid
- Psychological safety
- Introductory coaching consultation (30 minutes)
- Quarterly training session with tools around the four key topics (2 hours per session)
- Additional coaching throughout the year on key topics, e.g presenting to the Board, preparing for Board meetings (4 hours throughout the year)
- Other soft skills training courses, e.g Mental Health First Aid, DiSC profiling (2 hours per session)
The time frames outlined above are indicative and can be modified on an individual basis.
The Program is open to GCs based in Australia.
Selection to the program
McCullough Robertson will appoint a panel of its partners to review and assess the applications.
Submissions for the 2019 program have now closed. To register your interest for future opportunities, please complete the Registration of Interest form.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You will be awarded one point for every hour completed.